Thursday, March 11, 2010

Why I love Costco : Reasons #2, 3, and 4 & "Don't stop me now!"

#2 - Samples. If I were listing reasons I love Costco in order of importance, this would definitely be number one. Samples are always out when my kids are asking (okay, whining) for a snack. Perfect!

#3 Friendly cart fetchers. Today as I was hurrying out to my car with my purchases (in a rush to pick-up Ian from preschool) and as I emptied the boys and the food into my van, a very friendly Costco employee said, "I can take your cart Ma'am". I let the "ma'am" part slide because he was just what I needed to get on my way. Thank-you Costco guy.

#4 Flow of traffic. Every Costco I have ever been too has this flow to it. You know what I am talking about right? You get your cart and enter, then you follow the current to your intended and/or frivolous purchases. Don't you hate it at a grocery store when someone is always in your way, and you keep running into them and they are STILL in your way? This never happens to me at Costco. Well done Costco layout planners, well done.

I pretty much LOVE Queen, check out this video here:
Also, I'm curious about the bass players duds about 1 minute and 30 seconds in. What look was he going for?

3 comments:

Sheila Jacobs said...

"Don't Stop Me Now" ? Is there a secret meaning to this particular song? :)

Are you tearing through the isles of Costoc as you sing this little diddy?

I DO like Queen as well........they always make me want to dance!

Brianna said...

I too have to say that samples at costco are the best. We do the sample and then share a hot dog gig once a week. MMMM....
I think that he was going for "serious musician, classically trained" look. I cannt type too weell in bed and I can't spell standing up. i am a verbal wreck!

Anonymous said...

LOVE me some Costco! The gas, the hotdogs, the blueberries! And I could go on.

Queen--one of my favorite bands to rock out with!