Thursday, March 25, 2010

An effort to leave things on a good note...

Well, tomorrow I'm off to Vegas for a lot of business and hopefully a bit of pleasure too.
(H&M!Sunshine!Other Fun Stuff!)

Nick and the boys will be at home fridge stocked with Bologna and Miracle Whip. (Seriously, this was all Nick requested when I went to the Grocery Store, don't worry I have other meals planned for them too!)

Anyway, I am going to miss church this Sunday and I'm one of those people who needs their weekly dose of Spirituality or I really loose sight of the important things. And...I'm going to be in Vegas, remember? In an effort to keep my mind focused on the things that matter most I would like to post the Text from a Song Called "Take Time To Be Holy". That way when I look at my blog this weekend I will remember my loving Heavenly Father.

Take Time to be Holy
Text by W.D. Longstaff
arranged by Michael Huff

Take time to be holy, speak oft with thy Lord;
Abide in Him always, and feed on His word;
Make friends of God's children, help those who are weak,
forgetting in nothing His blessing to seek.

Take Time to be Holy, the world rushes on;
Spend much time in secret with Jesus alone;
By looking to Jesus, Like Him thou shalt be;
Thy friends in thy conduct His likeness shall see.

Take time to be holy let Him be thy guide,
and run not before Him, whatever betide;
In joy or in sorrow, still follow thy Lord,
and looking to Jesus, still trust in his word.

Take time to be holy, be calm in thy soul,
Each thought and each motive beneath His control;
Thus led by His spirit to fountains of love,
thou soon shall be fitted for service above.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a beautiful song! (I didn't listen to the right arrangement, but I like it anyway.) Thanks for the pre-church pick me up. :)

Ashlie Dalton said...

lucky! h&m is the best.
i don't think i've ever heard that song but really like the words. good things to remember. thanks!

Sheila Jacobs said...

We're so excited to have you 'girls' learn, learn, learn everything there is to know to get a Cosmetology School accredited!

Don't get a brain cramp.....oh, I think Earth, Wind, and Fire are playing at the Vegas Hilton where you're staying.....oh, yeah!

I'll make sure the boys get some veggies with their bologna!