Monday, March 22, 2010

Tag!

Technically Amy didn't tag me, but I want to play anyway!

The rules are that you have to take pictures of the following things as-is- no cleaning up.


Your Favorite Room:

I love my kitchen because I love cooking and I love the color Green. It's also the room that my family gathers together most in. Yes, we all enjoy eating.

Your Bathroom:
My bathroom is in need of some creative juices, it's our next project. But it was recently cleaned (by yours truly) so it was OK to post a pic.

Your Laundry Room:
Also in need of a little inspiration (on the list) and it's laundry day. I really like laundry and ironing. So, if this room was prettier and bigger it might take the lead as my favorite room. I'm not kidding!

Your Favorite Shoes:
Gold Ballet flats. I love 'em!


Self Portrait:
I hate taking self-portraits, they always turn out crappy. This one I actually kind of like...

Refrigerator Outside:
Notice all the kid magnets up high? I got sick of stepping on them because Simon loves to chuck them around the room.


Refrigerator Inside:
I almost moved the Dr. Pepper out for the picture, but I'm keepin' it real!


Your Closet:
I spy with my little eye: one yellow scout shirt and one 25 year old TV (still works, not sure why we still have it though...)

Your Kitchen Sink:
Oops, I forgot to scrub the pan from lunch. My kitchen sink is usually empty, I hate doing old dishes so I just do them all the time pretty much. Also, I just got a new dishwasher and the novelty has not yet worn off. :)

What are your children doing?
No school today but still wants to work in a workbook. That's my Gabe.

Fell asleep in the exact way I tucked him in. The park took it out of Ian today!

One puppy, one blue blanket, one Elly. These are the things that my sweet Simon loves to cuddle with. He also fell asleep in the same position I laid him down in.


I tag: Bri, Sheila, Rachel, Lindsey, Anyone from my ward or neighborhood who reads this, everyone in the entire world! I want to see the inside of your fridge...



10 comments:

Ashlie Dalton said...

i found you from amys blog and wanted to see your fridge! ha! i'm glad to see someone else has dp in their fridge and glad to hear that you wanted to hide it too! if you look closely in my pic you can see my dp :)
cute pics and pretty house!

Amy said...

You did it fast enough that you couldn't possibly have cheated, and everything is oh so beautiful anyway. Just confirming my beliefs that your life is incredibly glamorous. :)

I like your self portrait, and the snuggling with creatures baby is adorable. Also Dr. Pepper is just good sense. Way to keep it real. :)

I'm lusting after your kitchen, sink, and laundry room. Someday.

Heather Strong said...

I love it! Your house is much cleaner than mine so I am not sure if I will be participating ha ha. So.. next time you go to the park with the boys, do you want some company??? We should go next time the weather is nice! And Dr. Pepper is the best, but girls like me with a bunch of fat relatives have to stick with DIET DP, which is still horribly good (horribly because my teeth are going to fall out). Ok, I have said enough now. :)

Lindsey Montague said...

So I took all my pics right after I read your post last night. (so there was no cleaning involved) I will get them up today. But, seriously, I am nowhere nearly as clean as you. With all your boys, HOW THE HECK?

Maybe I'm just lazy.

Emily said...

Linds, you are not Lazy, your house is always clean and you make AMAZING chocolate cake!

Heather, I doubt my house is cleaner than yours, and YES let's go to the park together. Next time I will call you. Your number is on the ward directory, right?

Amy, I am lusting after your CLEAN laundry room, notice my picture is from way way far away?

Ashlie, Your house is cute too! I love your round pillow on your couch, and of course all of your colors too. We have such similar taste!

Ashlie Dalton said...

totally! we were meant to be friends! lets wear our gold ballet flats while we hang out and drink some dp! :)
thanks for all your nice compliments on my blog!

Rachel said...

Am I the Rachel you tagged? I am so doing it!

Sheila Jacobs said...

So okay, I can do this............i just have a hard time with huge posts because I'm really not good at moving the pictures and I keep forgetting that you have to post what you want on the bottom, FIRST and then work your way UP.......... but alas, the perils of the blogger tag!

Amy said...

lol I have a laundry closet. If there was any possibility of me spending time in there it would be as big of a mess as the rest of my house. :)

Jensen Family said...

What??? Serious?? No house with 3 small boys could possibly look like this! So now tell me, what's your secret? Do you spend all day cleaning? Do you devote one day a week to cleaning? How do you possibly keep up all the laundry for 5 people, and enjoy it? I would love to have a "picture perfect" house! Looks like it's straight out of a magazine!