I just wanted to brag about the Sunday dinner I made tonight. I couldn't take pictures because my dad is borrowing our camera, so you will just have to imagine it.
Herb crusted Pork Loin - roasted to perfection
Zucchini gratin (soooooo yummy, topped with Gruyere)
A delightful green salad with lots of fresh veggies
Warm rolls with homemade strawberry jam
and...a yellow cake with chocolate frosting for dessert.
YUM!
I made everything from scratch with the exception of the yellow cake, that came from a mix. But the frosting was homemade, of course! In other news, Nick makes a wonderful sous-chef and it was fun to have some help from someone over the age of 5 in the kitchen. :)
Hooray for Sunday dinner and good company!
Check here for the recipes for the zucchini gratin and roasted pork.
In other news, President Packer came to our stake today. He gave a great message, it was very simple and straightforward which I always appreciate. My favorite part was when he got up in the beginning of the meeting to say that next week all of the mothers in the congregation should make our husbands get the kids ready for church for a change and that we should sit in the car and honk at them. It was his way of loosening everybody up I think, and it was funny! He also talked about how some churches think that reverence translates to silence, but not in our church. (think many many little kids under the age of 5) It reminded me very much of when Elder Bednar came to reorganize our stake last year and talked about the "joyful noise" of the gospel, referring to the children again. I guess we are really loud! It was a cool experience, and the boys were pretty good even for an extended meeting.
5 comments:
Emily- you are an amazing cook!! I remember when you brought us a meal after having Scott and your food was delicious!!! You should give me some of your yummy recipes :)
Oooooh I am SOOO going to make that zucchini stuff...YUM!
I love President Packer. He's a good guy.
wait wait! I can't find the recipe on the website. Help! It's an emergency! :) I'll be back later to check if you answered here....
Sorry! I didn't post the recipes last night but they are there now. Enjoy!
Mmmm! Yay! Thanks for sharing. :)
Post a Comment