Monday, January 4, 2010

Phase I - completed!

May I introduce you to our play-room?
Please, step inside!
Did I mention it has been organized? See, here's proof!

Oh, and can I say that this next pictures excites me to no end?
(The secret's out, I'm a giant freaky nerd!)
A place for everything, and everything in it's place...that includes little boys!
The bunk-beds are a huge success!
Here is the tidy little bedroom of three boys. They love it, Nick and I love it, we all win!
Oh, we also moved all those toys in the window sill out of the bedroom, they now reside in the wonderful organization bins and have been stored away for a future baby.

First off, I would like to thank the Montagues. They gave us the second Monkey bedspread, which was completely unused and completely discontinued at Target. They also gave us the inspiration for a playroom.
This is my most favorite home project to date!

Phase II includes putting away the crib and moving the toddler bed into the bedroom. Then of course moving Simon into the toddler bed and keep him from getting out and climbing up the bunk bed ladder at nap time and bedtime! (I know, I know...)
It also includes painting both rooms and bringing in a small table and chairs where the toddler bed now resides. I also plan on hanging some original artwork that we had made about two years ago and finally got framed, and creating a display wall. (More about that later, it's still cooking in my brain)
Phase II probably won't happen 'till the spring, so stay tuned!

10 comments:

Marianne said...

Yay! We also re-did (is that a word?) all of our bedrooms this weekend! McKenna is now in the toddler bed, and I am trying very hard not to just give up and put her back in the crib. It is so hard to keep them in bed at this age. Their little minds and bodies cannot sit still and sleep with all of that freedom and temptation! Good luck with phase II!

Linda said...

I love it! I'm going to have to get creative with baby number three...but you've inspired me :)

Sheila Jacobs said...

Emily, It looks fantastic. You've done a super job of organizing! How are we going to recognize it? :)

Amy said...

It looks beautiful! And I love the bins (my mom has those bins and loves them - she loves them even more now that they are labeled because she could never remember which toys went in which bins and couldn't figure out why she expected the grandkids to remember....) because I'm a giant geeky nerd too.

I think a nice clean room is one of the best feelings in the world. Happy day.

Amy said...

PS can't WAIT to see the artwork for phase 2!

Rachel said...

That's awesome! I'm sure the boys love the bunk beds. We might have to do that one day. Funny, we did the exact opposite last week - we put Madilynn and Jack in their own rooms! It has been SO great for them. Before, we couldn't get Jack to do a thing in their room. Now he is so happy to have his room and takes great pride in making his bed and cleaning up his own toys. Oh, and we bought the same shelf with bins! Good taste. And Madi loves having her own space. Silly kids!

Emily said...

Cool Rach! How fun that they have their own spaces now, cute little Jack, my he is growing up fast isn't he?
I guess it works for us because they are all boys. Simon sure has grown up a lot in the last week, suddenly he is saying more sentences and acting like his big brothers...not always a good thing, but in general we're loving the new arrangements!

Brianna said...

Emily,
I am so excited to see such a grown up family. Kalli always talks about kids who have their own room live in "mansions"...so this will help us keeping her sharing with her brother for a while. And those "future baby" toys hopefully will be getting some use out of them in the next while;)
I am also excited to paint! You know how your house and I have a fondness for color! You might just have to wait for my help in the summer though, maybe by then you will have Phase III underway...Your Tangerine Bedroom!?!

jamirodana said...

Nice and nice idea! Maybe I should move Breck in with the boys???? haha. Probably not.
Now, come help me organize. I'm going nuts with my house!

Lindsey Montague said...

I am a much bigger nerd in the toy-room-organization area. Remember, my toy bins had pictures as labels on them so the boys know what goes in them. If only they stop dumping.

Cute bunk beds!!