Thursday, March 26, 2009

Anxiously awaiting summer

Dear Summer,

I miss your burning beauty.

Every yellow scorched blade of grass, every T-ball game spent in the dry dusty diamond, every lawnmower waking my kids from slumber, every holiday highlighted with food and fireworks.

Where have you been?

I know we left on bad terms last year. I was tired of messy, sweaty feet and fingers. I'd had quite enough of sticky faces and sandy shoes. I was fed up to here with high gas prices (ugh) and working too much. I know these things weren't really your fault, you were simply a victim of circumstance. You on the other hand, were very generous with your triple digit days. I know I said I hated them, but what I wouldn't do for scorching heat right now...please forgive me!

I realize that the sibling rivalry you have going on with Winter is a touchy subject, but if it motivates you, Winter is giving you a run for your money!

Please please please make your home in my backyard very soon!

Love,
Emily
















Some pig!

4 comments:

Lindsey Montague said...

YESSSS!!! Bring it...

Sheila Jacobs said...

Your "Ode to Summer" is a great waya to add photographs that you just found and forgot to post :)

How smart you are!

Just remember this sentiment in August and then you can post your snowman pix!

Candace said...

I love this....you are so cute.

Amy said...

:) I don't know that I'm ready for triple digit days, but I could certainly deal with green grass and pretty flowers.