Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Leaving a legacy...

Conversation from the drive home this evening:

Gabe -  "Mom, when ever I hear the song 'Come Sail Away' I am always gonna think of you.  Even when I am 90."

Me - "Ok"  (I don't really need to ask why, we listen to this song a lot usually we are dancing and playing air guitar and belting at the top of our lungs.  My kids know all the lyrics.)

Gabe -"You know, the singer kind of sounds like a grandma when he sings. I think that he sounds like Alice on the Brady Bunch.  You know, if she was a singer."

Me -  No other response but  laughter. 

I love that my kids are comfortable with both Styx lyrics and The Brady Bunch references.

Other frequent requests:
Eye of the Tiger
Magic Dance (from Labrynth)
All the single ladies (but they think it is "All the singing lettuce", it's much funner to sing this way)
Buffalo Soldier
Day o
Shake Senora
The lion sleeps tonight

1 comment:

Lindsey Montague said...

"All the singing lettuce" will now be my favorite song!