Monday, October 4, 2010

One for the memory books

This afternoon as Simon was napping, I went out-side in our front yard so that Ian could ride his bicycle with his friends in the neighborhood.  I got to talking with one of my neighbors and as we were chatting I turned around to see  Simon coming out of the garage.  From the waist down he was completely naked.  Oh, except for his socks, he still had his socks on.

I couldn't help but laugh as I went over and scooped him up.  He said, "Mom I woke up and had to go poop. Can I ride my bike?"  We then proceeded to go upstairs, check his bum (suprisingly clean might I add) and then put on clean underwear and pants.  He had peed a little bit on his pants and that is why he was streaking around the neighborhood. 

I share this story because it really exemplifies Simon.  He is such an independent and smart little guy, he started to potty train himself right after he turned two and has always insisted on "standing up" like his brothers.  He knows how to get a job done and then goes about his business.  Also, modesty is not his strong suit.  Oh how I love that two year old of mine!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Laughing hysterically over here. Because that is FUNNY!

Marianne said...

Way to go, Simon! Having said that, I don't have words to express my jealousy. I remember that Ian was easy for you to potty train too, right? McKenna doesn't want anything to do with it. Why? WHY??????

Emily said...

Marianne, I wish I had words of advice to offer. I don't. If it makes you feel better though, when I went upstairs to the bathroom there were poo ball on the bathroom floor. That's right, poo balls. And Woody the cowboy was sitting there amongst the poo balls. So, there's THAT whole side of potty training...

Marianne said...

Ha Ha! Ok, I feel better, thank you.