Monday, June 22, 2009

Dear Ian

Ian,

Three years ago you became a part of our family. You were two weeks early and certainly in a hurry to get here, we barely made it to the hospital! That night was the most frightening but exhilarating time I can remember, but as soon as you were born everything was just so calm. You were a beautiful and very peaceful baby.

Since then you have made me smile every day. You know just how to make your presence known, but you also enjoy your time with your thoughts and imagination. There isn't much that doesn't make you smile and giggle. We call you "Happy-go-lucky".

I just want you to know that I love you, and I'm glad that I'm lucky enough to be called your mom. Happy Birthday! Now go and eat your Cho-co-late cake.

Love,

Mommy

3 comments:

Amy said...

Your children are some of the most adorable kids I've ever seen in my entire life. Josh and I love the Sundays where we're sitting within viewing distance of your family during Sacrament Meeting because we get to giggle and laugh at the 5 of you having a fabulous time together.

Happy Birthday to Ian!

jamirodana said...

That was very sweet:)
Happy Birthday Ian!

Sheila Jacobs said...

You little squat, Ian! We love you so much and look forward to your family Birthday Bash on Friday ! !
We got you some clothes......just kidding ! ! ! !

Every kid hates getting clothing !

Even if they're growing like weeds and don't fit anything they own.

Love ya, Mr. Ian