A couple of days ago my mom got a wedding invitation from one of my best friends while growing up. She looked so fresh and beautiful, and as happy as I am for her , it made me feel awful! I just feel like a worn out OLD mom. I really want to go to her wedding reception but maybe in like 3 months when I will (maybe) have a flat (or flatter) tummy. Oh, woe is me...
On the other hand, I do have a very handsome husband to take with me! So as long as I can borrow a cute outfit from my sister who has everything, (you know who you are!) and possibly invest in a great fat-sucker thingy, I guess we will go, besides it is at Wheeler Farm and I have a hunch there will be dancing, I love dancing at Weddings!!!
3 comments:
Emily, as my favorite daughter-in-law: I'M GOING TO SMACK YOU INTO NEXT WEEK! You are absolutely beautiful--and in every way! You have the exqusite heighth that many of us wish we had! You look great! No one would ever be able to tell you have delivered THREE BABIES! (the most adorable ever, I might add) You are the daughter of a King and don't ever forget it! We love you so very much! Don't you even worry about going to that wedding.....you'll far outshine the bride!
I know how you feel and all I have to say is read Elder Ballard's (I think) talk from April Conference about young mothers. I re-read it a few days ago and it gave me a little pick me up. Wow!! Being a mom is hard work and every wrinkle and stretch-mark is proof of our beauty as mothers, and wifes. All husbands should cherish every stretched-out and saggy part of us just like we cherish every spare tire and laugh line of thiers. To bad days that are sure to be out numbered by good ones. Cheers!
Post a Comment