The party began with costumes (Gabe now thinks that every party involves costumes because Nick's 30th Birthday party was a costume party around Halloween). Grandma J brought a load of pirate-y costumes for the kids. Captain Nick then led the kids through a crab stomp (the crabs being big long balloons) I wish I had pictures or video of this game but it lasted all of 10 seconds, as we had the Brownings there to help. It was hilarious!
We then played pin the sail on the pirate ship, here is Ian with a little assistance from Nick.
Gabe was terrified of being blind-folded, so he opted out this game. By the way, this next picture is Matty, she looked great, a little weird, but really fit the bill!
After that, the kids were led on a treasure hunt with the last clue leading them to the kitchen for cake and ice-cream and of course party bags!
Empty plate, empty cup, big smile... I love my Ian!After the treats, we opened gifts. My family holds the tradition of doing the "Heavy Heavy hangover" song before each gift. (If that sounds weird you will have to ask me to explain what it is, it is quite a weird song, and a weird tradition, but we still do it) Here is a pic. and me and Nick in our pirate-y garb. No, Nick doesn't wear a bandanna and captain Jack Sparrow just every Saturday! I was a little more festive with a scarf tied around my hair, dressed as a pirate wench, but the scarf was freaking Ian out so it came off.

It may as well have been Ian's birthday too, he loves the bike as much as Gabe, and will be getting one for his birthday in June!
I have to say Nick made the party great, he did a great impression of a very loud pirate which took the games from ordinary to really really fun! Everyone in our family thought it was just second nature to have Nick being loud and weird, but Gabe's friends were fascinated and maybe a little scared of the big pirate. All in all it was a great party and now Gabe is planning his fifth birthday...

3 comments:
To Gabe,
We missied your party, but are glad that you had a good time? Are you glad that the Brownings were there? We will be there soon to play with you, and we will be there for 7 weeks! Can we ride our bikes together? I am going to leave my bike in PR and I will borrow one from Abuela and Abuelo in Salt Lake. I hope we have fun together.
Love,
Kalli
Kalli dictated me her message to Gabe about his birthday.:) It looks like you guys had soo much fun. I am glad to see that you finally posted. Because I am soooo good at posting too! I hope that you will post some of your littlest one soon as I know that he is getting huge. Love to all of you.
I waited to "post" my comments until someone else went first....What a great time we had at the Birthday Party! Everyone has fun dressing up and enjoying their inner child. We love you very much!
Post a Comment