Thursday, May 6, 2010

Best ending of a music video EVER

When I was a kid my parents had a laser disc player. What is a laser disc you ask? Well my young friend let me tell you: A laser disc is a very large DVD, like the size of a vinyl record (you don't know what a vinyl record is? Google it. I don't have THAT much time on my hands). Back in the 80's Laser disks were the next big thing, even cooler than VHS because supposedly the quality was better. (Again, think precursor to the DVD here) Laser Discs weren't really around that long, basically VHS was easier and cheaper to make so the world made do with bad quality.

One day my mom came home from a garage sale with a stack of awesome laser discs each of which deserve a post in it's honor. They are that special to me. My favorite one was the Olivia Newton-John music video collection. My sisters and I used to watch it and pretend we were the different characters in the videos. Scandelous really, I mean 'Physical' was on that collection but we didn't get it anyway. So, this particular video was really boring, REALLY boring, but we would always fast forward to the last 10 seconds because...well watch it and you will understand! AWESOME!!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Wow. Just wow.

Lindsey Montague said...

Yeah, there is not time to write all the thoughts going through my mind. Here are the main ones:

*pilates in the 80's?
*dang, she has skinny legs - in spandex
*I have never understood Em's love of ONJ.

then,
*What the ______ ?

*'Did you and your sisters act out this video? C'mon, you know you did...

*Now I can never get those 4 minutes back.

jamirodana said...

Pig in a blanket?

Ashlie Dalton said...

that was seriously the most boring video i have ever seen but those last 10 seconds make it all worth it.
hi lar ious!

Marianne said...

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Part of me wants to laugh and part of me really wants my 3 minutes and 40 seconds back!

Emily said...

Linds, nobody really understands my love of ONJ, it just is. You are right about the pilates, that is exactly what I thought, that Olivia is such a forward thinker!

Marianne, I owe you 3 minutes and 40 seconds...call me to babysit! I might even do it for longer, 'cause I like you. :)
In fact, I will babysit for all of you ladies, just not all at once!

To everyone - I learned on GLEE that ONJ's music video Physical (love it when I was little, understand it now) was one of the first music videos made. Trendsetter for sure! I love it.

Sheila Jacobs said...

Oh My Goodness, Emily!

That was so weird!

I really think you've been carried away a few too many times ! :)

Did anyone count just how many times she sang "carried away"?

Brianna said...

No babysitting required here. I loved the entire video. I watched it twice!!! I completely understood the symbolism involved in this video. It was like she was talking about being carried away and yet she actually rolled away.... hum very deep.
Her outfit is back in style, at least in PR. Do you think she be-dazzled her top? And I too am wondering how many times she said, carried away." ONJ is great on, or in, a sheep skin rug and only imporved upon wearing roller skates:) Keep rocking your love for her, Em!!!

cheyney webb said...

Definitely worth the wait. Hilarious. Very fun to find your blog!
Many hugs and kisses to you and your cute family.