I'm Lazy. And I'm anxious.
Well, maybe not lazy (definitely anxious!), but I just hate the hype that surrounds the whole H1N1 vaccination. (Like I said, anxious!) Apparently there was a clinic last Saturday at our local really-big-round-building. We intended to go take our kids, really we did. But Saturday got the best of us and we made pancakes, danced in our PJ's, did some mild reconnaissance for Halloween decorations (which consist of a strand of 10 glowing pumpkin lights, really that's I've collected over the years? I AM a terrible mother!), Basically we had our first full day as a family in a really really long time and it was a really great!
That still leaves us with no H1N1 vaccinations, and are there even any flu shots available now? So, I guess it's just good hand washing for us, keeping our germs to ourselves if we are sick, and maybe a mild case of something.
Am I a terrible mother? Am I the only one out there who hates the idea of waiting in line for a vaccination that I don't know if I really trust? Am I the only one that thinks that even if I go to all the trouble of getting the flu shots/mist/whatever it is that we will probably get something equally as bad, because I have three kids and...we always get sick?
Go ahead, I really want to know your opinion on the matter, what's your stand?
And another un-related but completely judgable question, am I the only one in my neighborhood who really really thought the world was ending the other morning? (Sunday morning at around 4 AM) Which, by-the-way induced some soul searching on my part, and MAN I cannot die any time soon!
Happy Crazy Hair Day !
6 comments:
:) I hate flue shots. And lines. And crowds. And I like handwashing. That's why you're a good mother.
Also if the caliber of your motherhood is hinged on how many Halloween decorations you own - I'm screwed...and maybe life isn't fair.
I thought it was aliens, and so far it sounds like it's just you, me and Dana....were there no other people in the street when you made your hubby check?
I will not judge! I haven't done it either. It is more of the "we haven't gotten the flu over the past years so why do we need the shot" for me:) I hate lines too. Especially if there are coughing people around. We are washing hands a lot and I have Gavin home with a cough and fever. (who knows, could be swine flu???)
Somehow we survive!
Yes, are you talking about the random spaceship noise?
Amy, Shawnee heard it too:)
We aren't crazy! I'll bet if we keep asking.....we will find more:)
I want to hear more about this end-of-the-world noise...
I would comment on the vaccine stuff, but I am honestly exhausted from all my own brain searching on the matter. Does that answer your question
?!
Emily, You are the WORST MOTHER IN THE WORLD !! ! ! ! Yeah, Right!
We're not worried about it. If enough OTHER people get the vaccine, then they won't give us the virus, right? Besides that, it appears that Papa and I are expendible as we are not on "the List" to receive the vacine. After all, we've lived a good LONG life, eh?
Super "Crazy Hair Day". Was it also "Crazy FACE Day"? Way to go, Gabe!
I was almost abducted by aliens in the AZ desert on the res... It is true, if you don't believe me ask my dad. He knows all about aliens.
Flu, smoo. If you are going to die, why not make it from something completely preventable and then only have yourself to blame? :) I havn't been vacinated because it took me 5.5 hours and a tearful nervous breakdown at the doctor's office to have a pap smear. And that was WITH an appointment. Is this what socialized med. is all about? I HATE LINES and BEING TREATED LIKE AND IDIOT BECAUSE I DON'T SPEAK SPANISH!
We are not getting the shots. I don't know enough about it all, but I do know that it hasn't been thoroughly tested on pregnant women, of which I am one. I haven't had the regular flu shot in years, and we too, are good hand washing folk who don't have people who are sick over, and who don't go to sick people's houses. I'm sure we'll all be ok. Hype is right...it is ridiculous. I am all for NOT doing what everybody else is doing just because everybody else is doing it! :)
Post a Comment