Summer has been good to us.
Usually for me it is crazy and full of lots of summer camps and HARD WORK (with meager compensation) and my schedule is always in a state of limbo. Every year I find myself in August wondering where the summer has gone and feeling guilty that I spent most of it with other people's kids.
Not this year.
In the beginning of July I was "temporarily" laid-off from my teaching job. After a short identity crisis, I feel I have made the best of a bad situation (the only bad thing being the lack of $$) and really enjoyed all the fruits summer has to offer.
The boys and I have had lots of fun learning new things (swim lessons, making watermelon slushees, how to catch ants for an ant farm, synchronized swimming) and LOTS of hanging out with lots of our favorite people.
Now I find myself at the end of July, wondering why I ever wasted my time with a job? Was I really contributing to the economic stability of our family (just a bit) or was I simply contributing to my ego (maybe a lot).
Hmmmm....
I have a lot to think about before September, when I am supposed to start teaching again.
5 comments:
You are SUCH a good person. This post makes me happy for you. :)
We have loved EVERY minute we can spend with you guys ! The Swimming Lessons were so much fun and it was great to see the progress made by each of the kids. Ian has NO FEAR and Gabe is cautious. That makes a good compliment for each other. Gabe can make sure Ian slows down a bit and Ian encourages Gabe to push it a little! They are so so dang cute! It's been a blast spending more summer days together. We've certainly had a house full with all the kids together!
The Bills will be around always, but little kids only stay little for a short time. ! I'm glad you're enjoying it to the fullest !
Okay, I found your blog and I love it! Your family is so cute.
Don't do it!! (I mean go back to those who don't appreciate you) Maybe next year you and I can do some teaming up with some music/education-type workshops. I totally understand the ego vs. economic help realization. I am calling you to play this next week.
Oh, and I wanna know how to catch ants!!
I am so happy for you that you have been able to spend the summer with your boys! You are such a darling and fun Mom. I hope you have a wonderful rest of the summer:) hope you see you soon.
P.S. I loved your sweet comment on my blog. What a great way to look at things. I will have a new look at good-bye's. Thanks again, i loved it:)
Post a Comment