Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mt. Vesuvius

When Gabe was about 5 months old, we were visiting some of our family.
During this visit I entered the master bedroom with the lady of the house. (let's just call her "Jembee")

There resting on her lovely queen-sized bed was something that resembled this:



It was all clean laundry, not folded, just mounted in a heap on the bed.
Forgive me Jembee, but to myself I thought, "How does one knowingly let the clean laundry pile up like that?"

Fast forward 4 years. I now find myself with three young boys, who are particularly messy if I do say so. My husband is particularly clean, which means he frequently changes his clothes that become dirty because of our messy boys. I usually hang out in what some may call "grubbies" because I know that if I change the next thing will just get dirty and then I will be the one washing all those dirty shirts. Gross I know, but it's survival.

The phrase, "compelled to be humble" comes to mind.

Just in case you didn't get the full scope of my clean laundry pile, here are two more pictures from different angles.





Eventually the laundry was all folded, some of it put away, the rest still waiting on the bed there to annoy me and Nick so we have to put it away before we can sleep. Jembee, I am a changed woman! I will now bow at your feet and worship.

Oh, and Gabe helped me fold! He's a good egg that one...

4 comments:

Sheila Jacobs said...

Emily, I love that you have joined the "dark side" of the laundry world......I have to tell you though, that Jembee is NOT the only victim of the laundry trolls.

I believe that there's one living in Puerto Rico.....and another in South Salt Lake!

I do not understand this malady, other than to say that they must get it from their father! :)

Brianna said...

It is true. I suffer from this illness, there is no cure that I know of for you now. But give it 6years and we will be on our way to a cure. It is called our children. "Jembee" had found this to be her solution to the problem. She is now in remission and I don't think she had touch a hanger in years, but has not had piles of laundry to sleep under either.

The Jensen Clan said...

Em ~
I'm so glad that there is someone else out there letting their clean laundry pile up -- although I don't even have a good excuse!

Emily said...

Yes, you do Stef! Pregnancy is ALWAYS an excuse for laundry, plus you have a 2 year old. Let it pile up!