Thursday, September 29, 2011

Date Night

Nick and I attempted to attend the temple tonight.  Things were going great, we got out of the house when we expected to,no one was in a crabby mood, and we even found a parking space on a relatively busy night.  As we walked up to the front door, I noticed this homeless looking guy just standing in front of the glass door staring into the temple.  I will admit I thought he was a little weird, he was in shorts and a t-shirt with dread locks but he really looked like he wanted to go in.  Then we got to the front desk of the temple.  Then we were turned away.  We had let our temple recommends lapse!  They expired at the end of the August, we haven't been to the temple since July. 

Do you know how horrible it feels to be turned away at the temple entrance?  I do.  I promise to never be so thoughtless again.  And, I had totally judged that homeless looking guy.  I've got some serious humility to learn.

At that point we realized that we already had child-care and we should still make the most of the evening.  We decided to go see a movie and the only thing that looked mildly interesting was Contagion.  Here's my advice, when you get turned away from the temple do yourself a favor and DO NOT see Contagion.  All I can think about now is how we need to stock up on some ammo for our gun and beef up our water storage. 

What a weird night.  Glad that I could spend it with Nick, but still a weird night.

No comments: