Nick and I have always thought Valentine's Day was a stupid holiday. I am not really sure why, my best guess is that in the beginning of our marraige we were very poor and never had any money to celebrate. So instead, we called the holiday Stupid. We're mature like that.
This week I was cleaning out my filing drawer when I found this gem of a Valentine's Card from my dear husband. I am not sure when he gave this to me (it wasn't dated, MEN!) but I remember receiving it early in our marriage, perhaps our first Valentine's Day together. The best part of the whole handmade card is that Nick is a very talented Graphic Designer and an expert in photoshop. So not only did he give me a weird card, but he purposefully did a bad editing job and used poor quality stock photography. Plus, I think the caption sums up our marriage quite well. Believe me the irony was not lost on me. Happy Valentine's Day everybody!
(Before you feel too bad for us and our un-romantic marraige, you should know that we try to show our love for each other often through the year, not just one day in February. Plus, we are celebrating Valentine's Day in Las Vegas this year, without our children. How romantical!)

2 comments:
Wow. Oh wow! :D I'm so glad you found such a romantical guy to marry.
Enjoy every minute of your Holiday and don't even think twice about these crazies you left in Salt Lake!
Post a Comment