Friday, April 9, 2010

Here's hoping!

The other night at choir rehearsal our conductor Michael Huff was passionately describing the power of advertising and "branding" our own choir, Utah Voices. By the way we are seriously awesome!!! Check out our site here! Did you notice the button over to the right? Click on it to find out more info about our upcoming Spring concert. You won't be sorry! :)

Anyway, that night an idea popped into my head. I believe it to be divinely inspired. The thought was this: write to Cjane about your choir and your concert, maybe she will post about it on her blog Cjane's guide to Provo. (SIDENOTE: Do you read Cjane? If you don't already, do yourself a favor and start! I happen to think that she is a fabulous, uplifting, funny, and inspired writer. She makes me want to be a better person, be more cultured, and move to Provo! Really!)

So tonight, I took over an hour to construct an emotional plea via email to dear Mrs Cjane. I want her to promote our choir concert, and I basically bore my testimony about it in the email. I should mention that she was due yesterday with her second child and has announced that she is taking a week of leave from her blogs. I don't know if she will check her email during this time.

Not to mention that her blog is a guide to the city of PROVO and our concert is at the University of Utah. Small detail.

I guess only time (and her various blogs) will tell if I left an impression on her.

PS - You all NEED to go to our spring concert "Things Sacred and Profane". We have been working really hard on it and it is going to be very very good! Don't believe me yet? Hmmm...maybe I will post a copy of the email I sent to Cjane. :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I hope you win. :)