Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dialogue between Ian and Gabe

In an effort to get some time to vacuum my family room floor and start dinner, I turned on a movie for the boys. Ian picked out The Little Mermaid. Here is the conversation that occurred while I was getting the DVD turned on.
Gabe: Ian, you'll have to keep an eye on me.
Ian : (says nothing, patiently waiting for movie to start)
Gabe: This movie is a little scary for me so you'll have to keep your eye on me.
Ian: It's just a movie Dabe. (translation = Gabe)
Gabe: It's a little scary, will you just hug me while we watch it?
Ian: It's not scary Dabe.

The movie has now begun and I look over to find Gabe curled up right next to Ian, obviously in need of a little comfort for this scary show. I wonder where he gets it?

3 comments:

Brianna said...

This just made my day! Aren't kids the funniest things in the world? I seriously can see this scene playing in my mind like a movie...
"It's a laughout-loud comedy. Two thunbs up!"
-Brianna Yost (PR Gringa News)

Sheila Jacobs said...

That is such a cute story.....I think that when you look at Nick's Halloween Costume and imagine him instead with little teal outfit and some fins...it's no wonder that Gabe is afraid ! ! ! ------->

cheyney webb said...

I love cuddlers! What a sweetheart.