Saturday, September 6, 2008

Preschool!

September 3rd. Foxtails preschool. Tummy butterflies and tears.

So began Gabe's career as a student, he looks ready to conquer the world, don't you think?
Gabe was so excited! He has been looking forward to this day for months!


Here he is after school with his Beautiful teacher, Ms. Lindsey.


This is a moment I will treasure forever!

Ian was a wreck when Gabe left for preschool, he and I both had a good cry together, then we went and bought donuts and had a great time playing and talking. Simon was as happy as a clam, but then again he usually is!
Ian was so happy when we went to pick Gabe up, we all were!

This transition in life is bittersweet for me. On one hand, it marks the beginning of a new pathway for Gabe, one that involves making lots of great friends and growing and learning in so many ways. On the other hand, it marks a change in our many happy days together at home, growing and learning together as a family and for the boys, as brothers. Change is good, this I know, but I hope some things will always stay the same.
My prayer is that my boys will always be this close and love each other
unconditionally, as they do now.

Lastly, here is the commentary on how preschool went...

6 comments:

Giggle Worm said...

This is super cute! Congratulations, Gabers on your first day of preschool. - A true milestone in life! :)
You boys are all so dang cute, I could seriously eat you all up. Auntie is too far away from you!! :(
The years do fly by, so cherish the moments of sharing oranges at the breakfast table before they're gone. The old ladies always told me that, and now that I AM an old lady, I see that they were right.

The Jensen Clan said...

Wow.. I can't believe Gabe is old enough for preschool! How time flies... darling pictures! I can't get enough of the two boys hugging.

Sheila Jacobs said...

Gabe, you are so big! What an exciting time ahead of you....tell mommy not to be sad! She'll have to share you with the rest of the world! We love you all so much and please keep those pictures and videos coming! We love to see them even though we see you often!

Lindsey Montague said...

Okay, the pic of the boys hugging got me all choked up because I know that's how close my boys are to! Yay for preschool.

I also love the pic on the right side of your blog with all 3 boys in your bed. Simon is such a mini Ian.

Call me sometime...

Padfoot said...

Gabe really looks like he likes his teacher...NOT! :)
Hey my site is puppypricess@blogspot.com Yeah i know, it's suppose to be puppypriNcess. but that's what you get when Dad signs you up :)

Brianna said...

This post made my day! I am so happy for you. I know I thought that I would have so much time in my day to do all these things now that Kalli is in school, but the day just flies by before any thing gets done.
I am so happy you posted this video. Gabe is so grown up, Ian talks so well and why does Simon have the bread? I thouight he was supposed to like pie:)Have a great day! Love to you all!