Yes, that is Breaking Dawn background on my blog. It has a deeper meaning than simply a need for a blog face lift. I decided to mess around with the look of my blog, so I checked out the cutest blog on the block site for some free background. There it was, Breaking Dawn wallpaper! Two thoughts entered my mind: BLECH! and, "Oh I want to start reading that."
This is the story of my life. I don't feel like I have ever done anything against the norm as far as white/Mormon/Utahan goes, well except I did attend Westminster instead of BYU. Really that is as crazy as it gets! So I guess to make myself feel a little bit different, I have these little battles or rebellions, so to speak, that go on in my head. You will notice that I never follow through with the entire rebellion. For example: I boycotted getting married right out of High School, until I got married when I was 19. I boycotted moving back to where I grew up, till we moved back last year. I boycotted Stephanie Meyer and everything written by her...till last fall. I boycotted hosting a blog, till I began hosting a blog :) I boycotted owning a minivan, till this spring. Really, The list could go on for days...
So, where does this leave me? Am I an individual with my own unique thoughts and feelings? Or am I simply a bi-product of my race/religion/socioeconomic status? (I guess the word "crazy" may be coming to some of your minds)
Doesn't matter does it?
Meanwhile, I will slap on my "Mom jeans" and read Breaking Dawn, I will continue to try and be a good wife and mother and fulfill all my callings, and I will most likely always torture myself about things of little importance.
But most of all I will continue to be happy despite myself.
6 comments:
Emily....first of all let me say that the deleted quote was mine, because I'm an idiot and clicked the stupid backspace bar at the wrong time......I dunno how that happened, but it did....so ANYWAY...I LOVE THE NEW BACKGROUND ON THE BLOG! And of course you're crazy, because you are a Jacobs! We only allow the partially insane to be "one of us".....we look forward to many more years of crazy!
Emily,
There are plenty of things that you have not done or have done that are not typical. Does that make sense? I will give examples. You didn't wait for your missionary (not knocking that idea), you have a job outside of the home, you only blog because all your most important family members moved away, you planned most of your pregnancies ;), you married my brother. Now only one person in the world has done that! You are of unusual height for most women. You are very talented at Guitar Hero, you don't have a picture of the temple in your entry or a wreath on your door (at least I don't think your do). And you are my only sister-in-law that is blonde. I could go on and on about all the things that make you atypical. I am not knocking any behaviors listed above. I am just trying to tell you that some things are inevitable. But don't be too hard on yourself because life is about disappointment and we all need to work on finding true happiness in life NEVER working out the way it was when we wrote our scripts. Love you all!
Ellilee,
It is in our commonality that we are unique. Cherish what you have; as seemingly commonplace and status quo as it may feel, not many can say they've followed such a perfect pattern. The grass looks greener on the other side, but it is made of astroturf. You are right where you need to be in life, in the same soupline with all the rest of us. :) Although, I must say, if Stephanie Meyer is conformaty, then sign me up.
Hey, that is totally me too. SO funny...
https://www.cekaja.com/info/rekomendasi-termometer-digital-terbaik/
Post a Comment